WHO WE ARE
Opportunities Inc. is an organization of dedicated, committed people who believe in the promise and potential of children and adults with disabilities. We strive to build a community where each person belongs; where each person is accepted, welcomed, and given the chance to participate in the community, regardless of disability. We strive to positively affect the quality of life for children and adults with any kind of disability. In an effort to recognize and respect the uniqueness of each person, we provide stable and accepting programming and living arrangements that meet individual preferences.
Grow. Develop. Suceed.
The mission of Opportunities, Inc. is to provide developmental and support services which empower individuals in attaining a full life in the community.
- CHILDREN—Infant Development, Family Support, Therapies, Transportation. We offer range of services for babies and toddlers, ages birth to five years who have developmental delays and disabilities.
- Early Headstart—Opportunities, Inc. provides comprehensive child development and family support for income-eligible infants and toddlers, ages 0-36 months, and expectant mothers in Bowie County, Texas. Early Head Start builds on the belief that parents are the first and primary caregivers for their children. This program has qualified and professional staff that provide a stimulating and nurturing environment in order to attain age appropriate skills to help children reach their potential.
- Early Childhood Intervention—Texas: In-home program for infants and toddlers, ages 0-3, who have developmental delays and disabilities. ECI provides families and caregivers with support so they can provide the best learning opportunities for their children. They receive Occupational, Physical and Speech therapies, case management, and developmental rehabilitation services in their natural environment.
Children may be eligible if they: Have Medical Problems, Learning Ability, Physical Development, Language Development, Social or Self-Help Skills, Emotional Development.
- Developmental Day Program—Opportunities, Inc. provides a range of services for babies and toddlers, ages birth to 5, with disabilities or delays in Miller or Little River Counties. This program has qualified and professional staff that provide a stimulating and nurturing environment in order to attain age appropriate skills to help children reach their potential.
- ADULTS—Nursing, Job Training, Work Activity, Money Management. We offer a range of services for adults.
- Adult Development—The Adult Development program at the Adult Services Center at Opportunities, Inc. provides daily specialized services for adults who have developmental disabilities. Consumers are trained in the skills of daily living while increasing their independence and self-sufficiency. Service areas for Texas includes Bowie County. In Arkansas we serve Miller and Little River Counties.
- Work Training—Opportunities’ Work Training program presents a variety of work experiences for adults who have developmental disabilities. Consumers learn work related skills, and business contracts in the community provide employment and wages. Service area includes Miller and Little River Counties in Arkansas.
- RESIDENTIAL—Nursing, Job Training, Work Activity, Money Management. We offer a range of residential services.
- Intermediate Care Facility—The Intermediate Care Facility for Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities program is a long-term care facility for adults with medical needs. A group home facility with 10 individual apartments and shared living spaces. This fosters socialization and community integration while providing 24-hour supervision and staff assistance.
- Group Living—Opportunities maintains two group homes for adults who have developmental disabilities. Residential services are designed for assisting consumers to develop skills and behaviors necessary for self-sufficiency and personal dignity. The program’s goal is to provide supported housing and services that will increase a person’s ability to live independently.
- Elderly Independent Living—Residential Services are provided to senior adults, ages 62 and older, in a HUD-subsidized facility. Housing Opportunities, Inc. offers secure, comfortable and maintenance-free living, tobacco free, efficiency and one bedroom apartments, with utilities included.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
PRESIDENT Lisa Shoalmire
PRESIDENT-ELECT Sonja Yates Hubbard
TREASURER Martha Norton
SECRETARY Megan Schroeder
Right now with your gift to Opportunities, Inc., you have the opportunity to help change peoples’ lives. From therapies, school readiness, family support, nutritious meals to transportation, your gift will assist individuals in attaining a fuller life in our community.
2020 Christmas Card Collection
Each card was inspired by the artwork of clients at Opportunities, Inc. The back of every card will be signed by a client who helped create the artwork. Click here to purchase.
Let's Change Lives. GIVE an Honorarium, Memorial Gift or make a Contribution.
Your gift will go to work right away. Make a tax-deductible donation today.